If you have a lower pole without a 6mm section on the bottom, or if you want to swap your flag around between bikes or trikes with 1/4 inch and 6mm mounts, this adapter lets you use a 1/4 inch pole in a smaller 6mm mount. Includes a silicone grip collar to ensure the pole stays put.
1. What is this thing?
2. How does it work?
3. How do I know I need one?
- All carbon fiber and silicone construction. Super simple to use, just insert the 6mm end into your 6mm flagpole mount, then plug your 1/4 inch flagpole through the silicone grip collar and into ferrule.
- Approximately 5.5 inches overall length. The 6mm carbon fiber pole on the bottom is 2 inches long. It is bonded 1 inch up inside the 1/4 inch ID carbon fiber ferrule. A 1/4 inch flagpole can be inserted 2 inches down inside the ferrule. The silicone grip collar holds the flagpole and keeps it from coming out until you release it.
- Simply insert the 6mm end into your 6mm flagpole mount, then plug your 1/4 inch flagpole through the silicone grip collar and into ferrule. To remove the flagpole, squeeze the grip collar to break the suction and remove the flagpole. Alternatively, you can use a fingernail to push the grip collar back while you twist and pull the flagpole.
- For use on any bike or trike with a 6mm flagpole mount. This includes Catrikes, which come with a 6mm mount. If you have a Catrike, we have an optional Grip Grommet that will help keep things securely in the mount.