Many of the products we sell at The Voltaire Cycles Co contain or are constructed of leather. Leather is a highly durable material but care must be given if the material is to last a lifetime.
Valerie from Walnut Studiolo - one of our favorite suppliers - has formulated her very own recipe of leather care for people who appreciate an all-natural, time-tested, pleasant-smelling, non-toxic creme for their vegetable-tanned leather products.
Walnut's Leather Care is based on historic recipes used by New England fishermen for their leather boots - the same recommended by the Library of Congress for leather care.
Designed for the unique requirements of vegetable-tanned leather and outdoor use, our leather dressing is weather-proofing, conditioning but not softening, and has antifungal, antibacterial, and anti-mildew properties.
It can also be used on wood - use it on the cedar sides of the Pocket Pannier and Barrel Bag as well as the leather.
Made in small batches by Valerie and tested by Geoff in the shop, we think the new leather care products are awesome - and so do other leathercrafters!
- 1-ounce tin is enough to cover several medium-sized products 2-3 times.
- 4-ounce tin is enough to cover larger products or regular use.
- 8-ounce tin is for regular use and leathercrafters.
- 1 oz tin is approximately 2.25" (57mm) diameter x 0.75" (19mm) tall
- 4 oz tin is approximately 3.25" (82mm) diameter x 1" (27mm) tall
- 8 oz tin is approximately 3.25" (82mm) diameter x 2" (51 mm) tall
INGREDIENTS: We specifically chose ingredients and suppliers based on their responsibility, sustainability, and natural content. No Petroleum ~ No Chemicals ~ No Paraffin ~ All-Natural ~Time-Tested Ingredients ~ Small Batch
ABOUT LEATHER CARE: Go here for our leather care recommendations.
MATERIALS: Neatsfoot oil, beeswax, lanolin, pine resin, essential oils
- About Our Leather
- Leather Care
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
- Turnaround Time
- Domestic (USA) Shipping Information
- International Shipping Information
- Customer Service